- The personal information we collect and how we use it,
- With whom we share your information,
- The measures we take to protect the security of your personal information, and
- How you can communicate with us about your rights and choices.
INFORMATION SPECIAL OLYMPICS COLLECTS AND HOW WE USE IT
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that help us run SOAD2019 activities, promote inclusion, raise awareness, and support for our mission. Here are the categories of information we collect and how we use it:
- Your Contact Information is used to provide information to you regarding SOAD2019 activities and our mission, and to offer you opportunities to contribute/participate to SOAD2019. Contact Information includes your name, address, phone number, email address, and your parent or guardian’s information if you are a minor or an adult with a legal guardian.
- Online Message Boards and similar online tools maintained by LOC allow you to disclose information about yourself publicly. Because of the public nature of these tools, other online users can access information you provide.
- Log Data: Like many website operators, we also collect technical information that your browser sends whenever you visit out website. This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, your geographic location; domain name of your internet, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- Communications: We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that fulfill your requests in response to your inquiries.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many sites, cookies are used to collect non-identifying information about the user, such as Web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific website.
The Site may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you remove them. Persistent cookies are used to provide website analytics. You can manually delete all cookies, including persistent ones, within your browser privacy settings menu.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
Our website is intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent by the holder of parental responsibility. If you are under 13, you are prohibited from providing information to Special Olympics through this website without verifiable parental consent. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, we will delete that information and only recollect the information after receiving parental consent. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, please contact us using the contact information below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You have the right to:
- Limit the sharing of your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes;
- mation with third parties for direct marketing purposes;
- Request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you;
- Receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you;
- Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
- Have the processing of your personal information restricted or object to the processing of your personal information; and
- Have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us. We will apply your choices going forward.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We are committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information and have established safeguards to help protect such information. For example, to protect your privacy, SOAD2019 uses passwords to help verify authorized user identity before granting access anywhere your personal information is stored. All online monetary transactions are done on a secure server. This means that information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On secure pages, a “closed” lock symbol is displayed in the bottom part of your browser screen and the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http.” Though we strive to ensure the security of your information on our systems, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and data transmission over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
In order to provide certain services and goods at our website, we contract with other companies and individuals. These additional services and goods may include links to other websites from our website. SOAD2019 privacy practices may not be applicable at any third-party sites. When you leave the SOAD2019 website, we have no control regarding what information may be collected about you, nor do we control what third parties might do with the information. It is important that you review any privacy policies on third-party sites carefully before you use any services or programs offered.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Local Organizing Committee – Abu Dhabi, UAE
Attention: Legal Department